Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
8 ounces scallops
1 1/4 cups milk
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) butter or margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons natural yogurt
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Pinch cayenne pepper
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cayenne pepper to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the milk and scallops into a pan. Poach gently for about 3 minutes. Strain and reserve cooking liquid. Set the scallops to one side.
- Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the reserved cooking liquid and stir over a gentle heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients except the Parmesan cheese. Finally fold in the scallops.
- Dust with Parmesan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with cayenne pepper before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.