Fish Fillets with Leek and Marmalade Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 (6-ounce) cod or whiting fillets, skinned
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 medium leeks, sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon reduced sugar marmalade
1 bunch watercress, rinsed for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the butter or margarine in a large shallow pan, add the garlic and leeks and cook for a few minutes.
- Divide the fish into 4 portions and place on top of the leeks. Add the lemon juice and seasoning, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the fish whitens.
- Meanwhile, if using watercress, place on a serving dish. Arrange cooked fish on top of watercress, cover to keep warm.
- Add marmalade to pan, increase heat and boil rapidly until the marmalade has melted and the juices have thickened slightly.
- Pour the leek and marmalade sauce over the fish. Garnish and serve with potatoes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 183; Total Fat: 4g; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 32g.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.