Florida Clam Scampi with Fettuccine
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 Florida garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds Florida hard clams, rinsed well
1/2 cup fresh Florida parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons Florida lemon juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 large Florida tomato, diced
8 ounces spinach fettuccine, cooked
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter with oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add clams, cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and wine. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams open.
- Stir in tomatoes and serve over fettuccine.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 313; Calories From Fat: 122; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Protein: 12g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.