Florida Pompano Almondine
This gluten-free recipe is courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1/2 cup sliced almonds
4 tablespoon butter, melted
4 (6-ounce) Florida Pompano fillets (Mahi-Mahi or snapper may be substituted)
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Florida lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped Florida flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place sliced almonds and 4 tablespoon butter in oven-proof dish; roast for 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Sprinkle fillets with seasonings then dredge in flour.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in shallow skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove fillets from pan and keep warm.
- Add toasted almonds, lemon juice and parsley to butter in the skillet; mix well then spoon over cooked fillets.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 831; Calories From Fat: 532; Total Fat: 60g; Saturated Fat: 30g; Cholesterol: 186mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Protein: 37g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.