Florida Snapper and Shrimp Scampi
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves Florida garlic, minced
3 Florida shallots, minced
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon diced pimento
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup bottled clam juice
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
4 (6-ounce) Florida snapper fillets
1/2 pound medium Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup fresh Florida parsley, minced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
12 ounces vermicelli or angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring often.
- Raise heat to medium, add capers, pimento, wine, clam juice and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add fillets and simmer over med-low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, spreading them evenly over the skillet; simmer for 3 minutes until fillets and shrimp are cooked through. Stir in parsley; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fillets and shrimp on pasta on individual plates. Spoon scampi sauce over all and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 502; Calories From Fat: 139; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 115mg; Total Carbs: 47g; Protein: 40g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.