Flounder Fillets with Carrots
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.
1 pound carrots, julienned
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
4 (4 to 5-ounce) flounder fillets
- Combine carrots, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with wax paper. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- To make an even thickness, fold over thin fillets or bend long fillets. Place fillets on top of carrots in the corners of the dish with the thick parts towards the outside and thin parts toward the center.
- Combine the mustard and honey and spread over fillets.
- Cover with wax paper. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Rotate fillets, placing cooking parts toward the center and continue to cook 1 to 3 minutes longer or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Let stand, covered 2 minutes. Arrange fish and carrots on 4 warm plates.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 170; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 229mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.