Flounder over Stuffing
This is comfort food from the sea! Delicate, mild flounder fillets bake atop a delicious creamy mushroom and crab bread stuffing.
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
6 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 cup crabmeat, picked over
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup half-and-half (light cream)
1 pound flounder (or other mild white fish such as cod, sole, grouper, halibut, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Sauté sliced mushrooms and sliced green onions for 5 minutes in melted butter.
- Stir in soft bread crumbs and crab. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, and ketchup. Pour in cream and half-and-half. Transfer stuffing mixture to baking dish. Place flounder on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
Makes 4 servings.