Great Grilled Alaska Salmon with Greek Seasoning
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
1 frozen Alaska Salmon side (1.5 to 2.5 pounds)
Heavy duty aluminum foil (18-inch wide)
High-heat cooking spray
Oil (olive, canola or grapeseed)
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped olives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F | 205°C).
- Spray-coat dull side of aluminum foil (18-inch wide sheet, cut 4-inches longer than salmon side).
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Brush both sides of frozen fish with oil and place on foil (skin side down). Bring long sides of foil together and fold over several times to seal; roll up short ends to form a packet.
- Place packet, seam side down, onto grill grate and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove packet from grill, open, and add Greek seasoning. Crimp loosely to close, and return to grill (seam side up). Cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes just until fish is opaque throughout.
Makes 4 servings.
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons wasabi powder or 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
2 tablespoons each harissa and chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon each chopped parsley and olive oil
Salt, to taste
2 teaspoons each cumin and chili powder
1 teaspoon each coriander and sea salt
1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon, red pepper flakes and black pepper
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons Asian chili-garlic sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon each sea salt and brown sugar, packed
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.