Grilled Florida Lobster Surf and Turf with Shallot Butter
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large Florida shallots, peeled and quartered
4 large Florida garlic cloves, peeled and halved
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 (6-ounce) boneless beef fillets
3 uncooked whole Florida lobster tails, cut in half lengthwise
- Combine first 6 ingredients in processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Spread 1 heaping teaspoon seasoned butter over each side of each steak and over each lobster half.
- In a small saucepan melt remaining seasoned butter; keep warm.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat and grill steaks 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Grill lobster tails, shell side down, 5 minutes Turn over and grill until meat is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer steaks and lobster to plates. Serve with warm seasoned butter.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 659; Calories From Fat: 305; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 18g; Cholesterol: 304mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Protein: 82g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.