Grilled Tuna Steaks with Cilantro and Basil
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon dried pepper flakes
6 (6-ounce) tuna steaks, rinse and pat dry
Canola oil cooking spray
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, canola oil and pepper flakes.
- Place tuna steaks and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce mixture in a large, resealable plastic bag. Turn bag several times to coat tuna steaks. Refrigerate no longer than 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill coated with cooking spray over high heat.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine cilantro, basil, lime juice, vinegar and garlic.
- Remove tuna from bag, discarding any leftover marinade.
- Grill tuna for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until very pink in center (internal temperature of 145°F | 62.7°C). Do not overcook tuna or it will become tough. Serve with remaining soy sauce mixture and top with equal amounts of cilantro mixture.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 200; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 240mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.