Grilled Tuna Tacos
Tuna steaks go well in any setting, but when combined with black beans, avocado and jalapeño they become savory Southwestern delicacies wrapped up in warm corn tortillas.
1 tomato, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 pounds (1 1/2-inch) thick tuna steaks
1 (14.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
8 fresh corn tortillas, warmed
1 avocado, diced
- Heat grill.
- In a bowl combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush tuna with oil. Grill fish about 5 minutes per side until fish flakes easily with a fork or until fish reaches desired doneness. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Heat beans in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds, or place on grill 15 seconds per side.
- Cut tuna into 1-inch chunks.
- In a bowl combine tuna with tomato mixture and avocado sprinkled with any remaining lime juice. Layer each warm tortilla with 1/4 cup black beans and a portion of tuna salad.
Makes 8 tacos.