Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 (6-ounce) Florida grouper fillets
1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 bunch Florida green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Florida garlic, chopped
1 cup fresh Florida mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Clean and rinse the fillets.
- In a shallow dish, dip fillets in Italian dressing, then into bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté fillets 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove fillets from pan to an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the fillets are cooked through.
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add the unsalted butter, green onions, garlic, and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Add white wine and simmer until heated through.
- Remove the fillets from oven.
- To Serve: Spoon the mushroom wine sauce onto the center of serving plates and top with fillets.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 481; Calories From Fat: 210; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 110mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Protein: 45g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.