Hake with Orange and Dill Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
6 ounces hake steaks, fresh or defrosted
1 1/4 cups fish or chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon cornstarch
5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 oranges,peeled and cut into segments
Fresh dill for garnish
- Poach the hake steaks in the fish stock with the dill and seasoning for 8 to 10 minutes
- Drain, reserving the poaching liquid and transfer to a war medium serving dish.
- Mix the cornstarch to a paste with the orange juice and add to the poaching liquid along with the orange segments.
- Cook, stirring until thickened and hot.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the fish and garnish with fresh dill. Serve remaining sauce separately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 220; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 78mg; Total Carbs: 13g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 168mg; Potassium: 925mg.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.