Herring and Red Pepper Rolls
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
6 ounces herring fillets
1 canned roasted red sweet (bell) pepper, quartered
all-purpose flour, for dusting
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 large egg, beaten
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Trim fish and dust in flour.
- Combine bread crumbs with grated rind and juice of half a lime.
- Lay a segment of pepper along the skin side of each fish and roll up with the pepper on the inside.
- Dip rolled fish in beaten egg and coat in the crumb mixture. Shallow fry 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime, new potatoes and green beans, if desired.
Makes 2 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.