Honey-Dijon Alaska Salmon
A tasty meal-in-a-packet! Individual foil packets are filled with asparagus spears, topped with a salmon fillet, drizzled with a honey-mustard sauce and sprinkled with walnuts, and then baked or grilled.
4 (12x18-inches each) sheets aluminum foil
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 pound fresh or frozen asparagus spears
4 (4 to 6-ounce) Alaska salmon steaks or fillets, thawed if necessary
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) or grill to medium-high.
- Blend honey, mustard, butter, Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch and pepper; set aside.
- Center one-fourth of asparagus on each sheet of foil. Top with Alaska salmon steaks/ fillets; drizzle with honey-mustard sauce. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 17 to 23 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven, or grill 9 to 11 minutes in covered grill.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: For best texture, select thinner asparagus spears when cooking with fresh/thawed fish or thicker spears with frozen fish.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 415; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 138mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 40g; Sodium: 350mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.