Honey Grilled Salmon Fillets
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 green onion, chopped
- Mix together marinade ingredients; place in large self-closing plastic bag, add fish and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes for stronger flavor. Turn bag occasionally.
- Lightly grease grill rack.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove fish from marinade; reserve the marinade.
- Grill 10 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved marinade up until the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Discard leftover marinade.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age. Honey is a safe and wholesome food for children and adults.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Honey Board.