Key West Margarita Grouper
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 (6-ounce) Florida grouper fillets
1/3 cup tequila
1/2 cup orange liqueur
3/4 cup fresh Florida lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
3 cloves Florida garlic, peeled and chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 medium Florida tomatoes, diced
1 medium Florida onion,chopped
1 small Florida jalapeño, seeded and minced
4 tablespoons chopped fresh Florida cilantro
1 pinch granulated sugar
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Ground black pepper to taste
- Place fillets in a shallow baking dish.
- For Marinade: In a bowl, stir together the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and olive oil. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade and set aside.
- Pour remaining marinade over fillets; cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour turning the fillets once.
- For Salsa: Combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and sugar in a medium bowl; season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high heat.
- Remove fillets from marinade, brush tops with oil and season with black pepper.
- Grill fillets for 4 to 5 minutes per side until center is opaque and meat flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to serving plates.
- In a small saucepan, heat reserved 1/2 cup marinade to a simmer; remove from heat.
- Drizzle warm marinade over the fillets and serve with salsa.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 508; Calories From Fat: 185; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 95mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Protein: 52g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.