King Crab Farfalle Puttanesca
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.
8 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon capers
1/4 cup pitted and halved black olives, such as Gaeta or Kalamata
1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 to 2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional - to thicken sauce)
1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
1 (8 ounce) container Phillips King Crab meat, segmented into desired sized pieces
Freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- Prepare farfalle according to box instructions and set aside.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and shallot until translucent (do not brown.)
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta, king crab and cheese. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered 20 to 25 minutes.
- Fold in crab meat and heat through.
- Toss cooked pasta in sauce and serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 170; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 229mg.
Source: Phillips Foods, Inc.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.