Klondike Pecan Alaska Salmon Bake
This baked salmon entrée is brushed with a honey-Dijon glaze then coated with a simple mixture of chopped pecans and bread crumbs.
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets or steaks
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Blend mustard, butter and honey in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, pecans and parsley in another small bowl; set aside.
- Season salmon to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a greased baking dish. Brush salmon with mustard-honey mixture. Pat bread crumbs onto top surface of salmon.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.