Light Fish and Chips with Dill Mayonnaise
Enjoy crisp, baked fish fillets seasoned with spicy black pepper and a hint of chili powder. A creamy, fat-free mayonnaise dressing embellished with bits of garden-fresh dill makes this dish regal.
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk or water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 pounds white fish fillets, 1/2-inch thick, divided into 4 equal parts
1 (16-ounce) package frozen, seasoned French fry-cut potatoes
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 475°F (245°C). Coat a large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
Beat eggs and milk or water in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place flour and chili powder in a large plastic bag. Rinse white fish in cool water; pat fish dry. Place fish into bag; shake well to coat. Dip each fillet in egg mixture, covering entire surface. Immediately, dip fish into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat entire piece.
- Place fish on prepared baking sheet; surround with potatoes. Bake until fish is firm and juicy and potatoes are crispy and hot (10-15 minutes).
- Meanwhile combine mayonnaise and fresh dill in a small bowl; serve a dollop with each portion of fish.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Fish is very delicate; do not overcook. Fish is cooked when it flakes easily when pierced with a fork.