Macadamia Crusted Fish with Tomato-Citrus Salsa
Baked macadamia crusted fish served with a refreshing orange and sun-dried tomato salsa with basil and kalamata olives.
Macadamia Crusted Fish:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped raw macadamia nuts
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons water
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
6 (4-ounces each) any firm, mild white-fleshed fish such as halibut, ling cod, etc.
1/2 cup coarsely chopped orange segments
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
1/4 cup pitted, chopped kalamata olives
3 tablespoons finely chopped red or white onion
2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon oil from tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- For Macadamia Crusted Fish: Melt butter in a large baking pan; remove and set aside.
- In shallow dish, combine flour, nuts, thyme, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- In second shallow dish, beat water and egg white with fork until frothy.
- Dip halibut fillets in egg mixture, then in flour mixture; repeat a second time.
- Place fish in the melted butter in pan, turn once to coat both sides with the melted butter.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- For Tomato-Citrus Salsa: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Serve with the salmon.
Makes 6 servings.