Mahi Mahi with Peach Chutney
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.
Peach Mint Chutney:
1 clove garlic
1 shallot, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 peaches, peeled and diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound Mahi Mahi fillets, or fish fillets
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon liquid hot sauce
1 peach, peeled and finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- First Make Peach Mint Chutney: Sauté garlic and shallot in oil for 5 minutes. Add peaches and jalapeño, cook for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Cook and simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Makes 2 cups.
- Rinse fillets under cold water, pat dry.
- Place fillets in a large resealable plastic bag or 13x9x2-inch non-metal baking dish. Add wine, oil, vinegar, hot sauce, peach, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Turn fillets gently to cover evenly with marinade. Reseal bag or cover dish and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning fillets occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain marinade from fillets; reserve one half for basting, discard remainder.
- Arrange fillets on grill 4 to 6-inches from medium hot coals. Cook, basting frequently, until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes. Or, broil about 6-inches from heat source.
- Serve Peach Mint Chutney on the side with the grilled fish.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.