Mahi with Papaya Coconut Curry
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
2 ripe papayas, cubed
1/2 cup mirin rice wine
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
4 (6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
- For Sauce: Place papaya cubes, mirin rice wine, white wine, ginger and turmeric in heavy medium-size saucepan. Boil until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add cream and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer sauce until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in red curry paste. Season the sauce to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Reserve papaya cubes for garnish and strain remaining sauce through a fine mesh sieve. Set aside.
- Season mahi fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high; add fillets and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with Florida Papaya Coconut Curry Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 631; Calories From Fat: 410; Total Fat: 46g; Saturated Fat: 30g; Cholesterol: 105mg; Total Carbs: 50g; Protein: 9g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.