Mediterranean Dressed Crab
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
2 (4 to 6-ounce) dressed crabs in shell or 1 large fresh crab, cooked
2 tablespoons wholemeal (whole grain) bread crumbs
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Citrus (lemon) pepper or ground black pepper
1 tablespoon mixed chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, tarragon)
1 tablespoon prepared ginger and orange sauce
- Spoon the brown and white meat from the crab shells into separate bowls.
- Mix sufficient bread crumbs into the brown meat to give a slightly crumbly texture.
- Flavor with mayonnaise, lemon juice, citrus pepper, salt and half the herbs.
- Mix the ginger and orange sauce and remaining herbs into the white crabmeat.
- Arrange the brown and white meat alternately in the shells or suitable serving dish. Serve with cucumber and tomato salad.
Makes 2 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.