Mullet Noodle Stroganoff
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1 pound Florida mullet fillets, grilled or smoked
1 cup large-curd, cream-style,low-fat cottage cheese
2 cloves Florida garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/4 cups light sour cream
2/3 cup Florida onion, diced
1 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 ounces dry egg noodles, cooked
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Break apart the mullet fillets to flake the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, onions, liquid hot pepper sauce, and
- pepper. Fold in the flaked fish and then add cooked noodles mixing well.
- Pour into a well-greased 2-quart shallow casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 380; Calories From Fat: 114; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 110mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Protein: 30g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.