Oven-Roasted Alaska Cod Europa
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon savory
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 bay leaf
4 Alaska Cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), fresh, thawed or frozen
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or dry white wine
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, combine parsley flakes, marjoram, oregano, savory, thyme and lemon zest. Add leafy part of bay leaf (discarding center stem) broken into small pieces.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Place fillets in spray-coated baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice or wine. Season with salt and pepper; rub on herb blend.
- Cover dish with fitted lid or foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and take off lid/foil. Pour butter over fillets and return to oven, uncovered. Roast an additional 7 to 10 minutes for frozen fillets or 4 to 6 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 218; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 156mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 238mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.