Oven-Roasted Clams with Herb Butter
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 dozen Florida littleneck clams, rinsed well
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
3 cloves Florida garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Florida parsley
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh Florida oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place clams in a baking pan with sides on middle rack of oven. Roast for approximately 10 minutes checking every few minutes for clams that have popped open.
- Carefully remove open clams to a serving dish, reserving juices in shell. Keep warm.
- While clams roast, melt butter in medium pan. Add olive oil, wine, garlic, parsley and oregano and bring to simmer.
- Spoon herb butter over cooked clams and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 267; Calories From Fat: 172; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 67mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Protein: 14g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.