Peanut Crusted Grouper
Recipe courtesy of National Peanut Board.
1 cup roasted lightly salted peanuts
1/3 cup shredded or flaked coconut
1/4 cup packed mixed herbs such as mint, parsley, cilantro, dill and rosemary
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
2 large eggs
4 (6-ounce) grouper, scrod or halibut fish fillets
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine peanuts, coconut and herbs in a food processor. Process with on/off pulses until peanuts are finely chopped, but mixture is not pasty. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. Beat eggs until frothy in another shallow dish or pie plate.
- Shake fish fillets, one at a time, in flour mixture. Dip each side in egg; roll in peanut mixture, patting to coat.
- Heat oil and butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted and mixture is very hot.
- Add fish to skillet and cook until golden brown on bottom, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn fish over; transfer to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until fish is opaque in center.
- Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 343; Total Fat: 28g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 60g; Protein: 12g; Sodium: 660mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Peanut Board.