Pecan Crusted Fish Fillets
Sherry-infused pecans layered over tender leeks and shallots infuse this baked fish entrée. Fresh cod or halibut would work equally well.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
1 shallot, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup cooking sherry
4 (6-ounce) firm white fish fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté leek, shallot and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- In another small skillet add pecans and sherry. Cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes; set aside.
- Place fillets on prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice. Place leek mixture on top of each fillet, covering entire surface. Spread pecans evenly on top of leeks.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.