Poached New Delhi Alaska Cod
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 green onions, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala (or sweet curry powder)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 (15-ounce) can regular or light coconut milk
4 Alaska Cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), fresh, thawed or frozen
4 cups cooked jasmine or brown rice, or stir-fry vegetables
- In a large (12-inch) nonstick pan or stockpot, cook garlic and green onions in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in wine; continue cooking 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste, garam masala and salt until smooth; add coconut milk. Turn heat to high and cook just until boiling.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod under cold water.
- Turn off heat and gently add fillets to sauce, spooning sauce over fillets. Return heat to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cover pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes for frozen seafood or 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Turn off heat and let seafood rest 5 minutes or until seafood is opaque throughout.
- Serve fillets with rice or vegetables and coconut sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 465; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 73mg; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 41g; Sodium: 580mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.