Pompano Portobello Mornay
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
8 tablespoons butter - divided use
3 medium Florida portabello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup brandy
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 fresh Florida thyme leaves, minced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
4 (6-ounce) Florida pompano fillets*
- Melt 4 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom slices; sauté about 7 minutes until soft and lightly browned. Add brandy and simmer until liquid reduces to a glaze.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cream, Parmesan cheese and thyme; simmer 7 minutes until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Season the fillets with seafood seasoning.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish and sauté 3 minutes per side, turning once, until cooked through and opaque in the center.
- Transfer fillets to serving plate and spoon sauce over.
Makes 4 servings.
*Mullet, mahi, swai or snapper can be substituted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 818; Calories From Fat: 570; Total Fat: 64g; Saturated Fat: Cholesterol: 238mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Protein: 37g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.