Quick Fish Lasagna
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
8 ounces coley or cod fillet, skinned and cubed
8 ounces smoked cod, haddock or whiting fillet, skinned and cubed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 (14-ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
Ground black pepper to taste
6 sheets lasagna verde
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup cottage cheese
5 ounces plain fromage frais or natural yogurt
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the zucchini, pasta sauce and seasoning. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and add the fish.
- Cover the base of an oven-proof dish with a layer of lasagna sheets. Top with half the fish mixture. Repeat the layers, finishing with the lasagna sheets.
- To Make the Topping: Mix together the egg, cottage cheese and fromage frais or yogurt. Pour over the lasagna and top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes Serve with French bread.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.