Quick Oven-Fried Fish
Dry onion soup mix adds great flavor to oven-fried fish.
1 cup sour cream
1 (2.4-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 teaspoon paprika
4 pounds sole fillets
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- In a bowl or flat pan blend sour cream and soup mix.
- In another bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and paprika.
- Wash and dry fillets. Dip sole fillets in the sour cream mixture and then cover with the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange single layer style in a 13-inch by 9-inch pan and drizzle oil on top.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes on each side. Carefully turning fish over without breaking.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
Makes 8 servings.