Roasted Fillet with Walnut and Parsley Pesto
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 (2 to 3-pound) whole sea bass, perch, barramundi, or snapper, cleaned
1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
4 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon and/or lime rind, for garnish
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- To Make Parsley Pesto: Place toasted walnuts, spring onions, garlic, parsley and olive oil into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Season and transfer into a bowl.
- Rinse fish and dry. Make 3 diagonal slashes across both sides of the fish. Place into a greased roasting pan. Spread the Parsley Pesto over and inside the fish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the flesh turns white.
- Serve on a bed of watercress and spring onions.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.