Roasted Monkfish with Festive Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
2 (8-ounce) Monkfish fillets, fresh or defrosted
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 green chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cucumber, diced
1/2 white onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a small saucepan, gently heat honey, butter, lime juice and zest and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place fish in a roasting pan. Pour honey mixture over and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, occasionally basting with more honey mixture.
- When cooked, remove fish and allow to stand for a few minutes. Strain the cooking liquid into a bowl and reserve for use later.
- Mix together ingredients for the salsa and add 2 tablespoon of the cooled cooking liquid.
- Slice fish and drizzle with remaining cooking liquid. Serve with the salsa and garnish with fresh lime.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.