Rock Shrimp Stuffed Florida Grouper
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
1/4 cup celery, minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
1/2 pound rock shrimp, peeled
1/4 cup water
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and cayenne pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables are wilted. Add the shrimp and season mixture with seafood seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir in bread crumbs and enough water to bind the mixture. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut a v-shape pocket in the center of each fillet and fill with rock shrimp bread crumb mixture. Sprinkle the fillets with seafood seasoning and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 480; Calories From Fat: 173; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 180mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Protein: 49g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.