Salmon Pot Pie
Recipe courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.
12 ounces small red potatoes
12 ounces salmon fillet
2 (9-ounce) packages frozen pearl onions in cream sauce, thawed
1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
1 stalk celery finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose baking mix
2/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans
- In a medium saucepot, cover potatoes with water and heat to boiling; cook 20 minutes. Drain and spread potatoes on sheet pan to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Butter a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Remove and discard skin from salmon; cut fillet into bite-size chunks.
- Place salmon pieces in large bowl and add thawed onions with their sauce, peas, celery, tarragon and black pepper, mixing well.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into small cubes and add to salmon mixture. Spread mixture in pie plate.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and egg to blend. Stir in baking mix and pecans just until moistened; do not over mix. Pour evenly over filling.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling bubbles. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 399; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 72mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Fiber: 4g; Sodium: 492mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.