Wisconsin Parmesan Horseradish Crust and Dijon Cream
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
1 1/2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup (about 4-ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dry Cajun seasoning mixture
6 (8-ounce) salmon fillets
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
salt and ground white pepper
- For Salmon: Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, horseradish, oil, and seasoning; mix well.
- Pat 1/2 cup of the seasoned crumb mixture on top of each salmon fillet to completely cover the top. Oven roast the crusted fillets for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through. While the salmon is cooking, prepare the Dijon cream.
- For Dijon Cream: In a heavy-gauge saucepan, cook the cream over low heat until it is reduced to approximately 3/4 cup. Stir in the mustard and season with salt and white pepper.
- Serve each fillet with 2 tablespoons of the Dijon cream.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.