Scallops with Spinach and Feta
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.
1 pound bay scallop
3/4 pound linguine
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large sweet onion, diced
1 sweet red pepper, seeded and julienned
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
Garlic clove, minced
1 lemon, juiced
1 package fresh spinach leaves, washed
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Begin cooking pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile in large skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until transparent; then add garlic, red pepper, scallops, juice from lemon, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Add spinach and stir-fry just until wilted.
- Drain cooked pasta. Put in large serving bowl. Add scallop mixture. Toss well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 684; Total Fat: 19g; Cholesterol: 66mg; Protein: 43g; Sodium: 1065mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.