Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
8 ounces cod or haddock fillets, cubed
8 ounces large cooked, peeled prawns
8 ounces packet of ready rolled puff pastry, defrosted
1 large egg, beaten
1 (8.75-ounce) jar white wine sauce
3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon sherry or brandy
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut the pastry into 4-inch squares twisting two diagonal corners and brush with the egg. Bake for 10 minutes until cooked.
- Place the sauce in a pan, add the mushrooms and bring to the boil.
- Add the white fish and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the sherry or brandy and the prawns and simmer for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the fish and sauce into the pastry puffs and serve with creamed potatoes and vegetables.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.