Seafood Stuffed Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.
4 medium baking potatoes
3/4 cup fat free sour cream
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
3 tablespoons skim milk
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 ounces crab flavored surimi seafood, flakes or chunks, chopped
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 45 to 60 minutes or until done. Cool to touch.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact. Set shells aside.
- Combine potato pulp, sour cream, cheese, margarine, milk, onion powder and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in surimi seafood.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 15 minutes or until heated though.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.