Shellfish Stuffed Sole
Baked fish fillet rolls, filled with a shrimp, crabmeat and mushroom mixture, are topped with mushroom cream sauce and cheddar cheese.
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 (4.25-ounce) cans shrimp, drained and rinsed
1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 pound fresh cooked or canned crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
8 sole or flounder fillets (2 to 2 1/2 pounds)
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 (10.5-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Cooked rice (optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan and cook onion over medium heat until softened. Add shrimp, mushrooms and crabmeat and heat through.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika. Spoon shellfish mixture on fillets; roll up and fasten with a wooden pick. Place in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine the soup, broth and parsley together, blending until smooth. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400°F (205°C) for 30 minutes to 35 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over cooked rice, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.