Shrimp Pesto Pizza
Try a deliciously unique pizza with succulent shrimp and homemade basil pesto.
1 (16-ounce) Italian pizza shell or make your own (see recipe Pizza Dough 4-Ways)
2 tablespoons pine nuts (pignoli)
2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 to 2 garlic cloves
8 ounces cooked shrimp
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For Pesto: Lightly toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor or blender, combine basil, cheese, oil, pine nuts and garlic; whirl until puréed.
- For Pizza: Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place pizza shell or dough on baking sheet; spread with pesto. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with shrimp, olives and green onions; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Makes 6 servings.