Smoked Fish Stir-Fry
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound smoked cod or whiting, skinned and cut into strips
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 ounces sliced green beans
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
4 ounces white cabbage or Chinese leaves, shredded
2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
5 ounces fish or vegetable stock made with half a stock cube
1 teaspoon yeast extract (or flavoring)
Toasted flaked almonds, for garnish
- Preheat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the green beans and red pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the fish and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Prepare the Sauce: Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the pan.
- Stir in the cabbage, reduce the heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with noodles or pasta.
Makes 6 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.