Sole Fish Fillets
Sole fillets are dipped in a mixture of melted butter and lemon juice, dredged in dill-seasoned bread crumbs and baked until crispy on the outside, tender and flaky on the inside.
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dillweed
2 cups dry bread crumbs, crushed
2 pounds sole fillets
Tartar sauce for accompaniment
Lemon wedges for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In small bowl, combine melted butter and lemon juice.
- In shallow pie plate, combine salt, pepper, dillweed, and crushed dry bread crumbs. Cut sole fillets into serving portions. Dip into melted butter; coat with seasoned bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange fillets in 9-inch baking dish sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered until the fish flakes, about 20 minutes. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.