Speedy Scallops with Corn and Sweet Peppers
A quick sauté of buttery scallops served atop a colorful pool of white wine sauce studded with sautéed corn, shallots and red bell pepper.
2 tablespoons butter - divided use
2 shallots, minced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 cups loose-pack frozen corn kernels
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound sea scallops, tough 'foot' removed
- Preheat skillet with 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot, reduce to medium and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper; sauté until pepper is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn; sauté 3 more minutes.
- Add wine or broth and salt and pepper. Simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Remove vegetable mixture from pan and place on serving plates; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter and scallops. Sauté until slightly golden and cooked thoroughly, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve scallops on top of corn mixture.
Makes 4 servings.