Superb Salmon Loaf
You can feel good about serving your family this flavorful, nutritious and low-fat salmon loaf. It makes great meatloaf sandwiches, too!
1 (14.75-ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
4 large eggs, beaten
2 slices whole wheat bread, coarsely crumbled
2/3 cup dry milk granules
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/4 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray an 8-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine salmon, egg substitute, bread crumbs and powdered milk; mix until completely combined.
- Add bell pepper, onion, basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, dry mustard and celery seed. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Press in pan gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until top of loaf is golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate.
Makes 6 servings.