Sweet Cream Butter Broiled Florida Spiny Lobster Tails
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 (6 to 9-ounce) spiny lobster tails, split open in the shell
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven broiler on medium high.
- Place all four of the lobsters on a cookie sheet, and make sure they are opened up down the middle.
- Evenly spread the softened butter over each of the lobster tails meat. Lightly season each lobster tail with salt and pepper.
- Place lobsters in the oven on the middle rack under the broiler. Let lobster cook under the broiler for about 7 minutes or until just barely cooked throughout. Remove lobsters from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve lobster tails warm with fresh lemon.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.