Tropical Fish Curry
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons curry paste
5 ounces vegetable stock
4 ounces creamed coconut
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds monkfish tail, skinned and cubed
1 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
1 paw paw or mango, peeled and diced
1 banana, peeled and sliced
Desiccated (shredded) coconut*, for garnish
- Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic and curry paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the stock, creamed coconut and seasoning, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the fruit and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the desiccated coconut and serve with Naan bread.
Makes 4 servings.
*Use sweetened or unsweetened desiccated (shredded) coconut, as desired.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.