White Fish Waffles
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound coley or haddock
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 ounces frozen sweet corn
4 ounces frozen broccoli florets
6 tablespoons single cream (half-and-half) or milk
1 large egg, beaten
4 potato waffles, quartered
Roasted tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Place the fish portions into a lightly greased shallow oven-proof dish. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the sweet corn and broccoli.
- Mix together the cream or milk and the egg. Pour over the fish and vegetables. Top with the waffles.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Serve with roasted tomatoes, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.